Ingredients (serves 4)
1 ½ tbspns Olive Oil
4 French-Trimmed Lamb Shanks
2 Red Onions, thinly sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbspn Middle Eastern Spice Mix
425g Can Crushed Tomatoes
1 Cup Beef Stock
400g Can Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
80g Baby Spinach Leaves
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a frying pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook lamb shanks for 5 minutes on each side or until shanks are cooked on the outside. Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- In the same frying pan add onion, garlic, spice mix and ½ tablespoon of oil, cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomatoes and beef stock and bring to the boil. Pour over lamb shanks then cover the dish tightly.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours then add chickpeas and cook for another ½ hour.
- Remove from the oven and stir in baby spinach leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with couscous.