- No products in the cart.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1kg Rump Steak
120g butter or margarine
1 large onion, thinly sliced
300g mushrooms, sliced
150ml sour cream
1 ½ tspns salt
Freshly ground pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
- Trim fat from steak and slice as slithers on 45° angle.
- Melt 100g butter in a large frying pan and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place mixture in a bowl and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in pan and quickly brown beef strips on all sides. You may need to do this in two batches if the frying pan is not big enough.
- Remove pan from heat, add onions, mushrooms, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir well to blend.
- Replace pan over medium heat and stir in cream and sour cream.
- Heat gently but do not allow to boil.
Serve beef stroganoff immediately with rice or fettucinni and fresh, colourful vegetables.